Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

How to get there: Sumilon Island, Cebu Philippines


Sumilon Island Getaway
Sumilon Bluewater Resort

I have never felt so relaxed just by hearing the whistle of the sea and letting the salty breeze tickles my tongue. It's such a wonderful feeling to be at ease and at the same time enjoying everything that's around you. Well, let me tell you about it and how I get to that state of mind. My cousins were feeling a bit adventurous, which every part of my brain cells screamed out loud, and so we headed South of Cebu. I've heard about Sumilon from a friend of mine whose boyfriend works there as a nurse. I saw their pictures; see the scenery and I knew I was in love. Sumilon is a 24-hectare coral island located at the southeastern tip of the Municipality of Oslob in the province of Cebu.
   
How to get there:

From Cebu South bus terminal we looked for the bus headed to Oslob -Ceres bus fare:130+ airconditioned bus (one way).We have to be there before sunrise because it's a long ride ahead. It's a good thing for me because I haven't really had a great night sleep ever since I arrived yesterday from the province. It's going to take you more or less four hours before you get to there, it depends on how many stop over’s you have. Beforehand you should tell the driver or the one who collects the money for your ticket to drop you at Sumilon Bluewater Island Resort. 

There is also another route going to Sumilon Island and that is a travel to Dumagete City in Negros Oriental which is much closer to its shores. They have a small reception area there to assist you if you want to have their package ( we had the day tour package - 1500 php) and also that's where you have your boat ride going to Sumilon Island - Boat: for free (c/o the resort)


I really don’t have that tragic thought of the boat breaking into pieces and the sea swallowing us whole, but it's a nice thing they handed out the life jacket right after you had your seat, it makes you feel somehow secured. It was a smooth 20-30 minutes ride going to the island it depends on the weather condition. We were welcomed with white fine sands like grind tic-tacs and a gorgeous sun-for a gorgeous tan. We were so excited and of course we brought out are cameras right away. At that time I can almost feel the fun insects getting on my nerves, and we just need to get our jump shots taken.


We step on the island with anticipation and we just can’t wait for our day trip to start. We had a simple orientation for the do and not to do and that gave us time to put on some sunscreen. Simple acts were fun; we assisted each other to rub our backs. Guess what we've found out, my sun block has been 2 years expired. We were just laughing so hard. I’m just not used to it and I've never bothered to used it. No wonder I always looked brown and burned after every beach escapade trip. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    do u know the bus schedule from cebu city - sumilon and vice versa?

    do they have a bus station in the ferry port in oslob going back to cebu?

    ThankS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I've been busy,sorry for the late reply.Every 30 minutes there's always a Ceres Bus going south both air-conditioned and unconditioned buses.Bus Trip starts at 4 A.M. till 8:00 P.M..

    The Sumilon port area is just nearby the road and at the same time Ceres Buses passed by that road.

    Thank you for dropping by..Enjoy your trip! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Please do not copy Blog photos and texts without further permission and proper attribution. Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.