Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Palawan "The City In A Forest", Philippines

Palawan "The City In A Forest" 

I got the chance to book a promo flight on Cebu Pacific Airlines bound for Palawan, usually this kind of deals is available when the clock strikes at 12 midnight, so prepare your credit card and high speed internet to avoid any hassles. People will prey for this promos especially during holidays. 

It was months ahead so I had much time to save up some money- that's what I thought. I and my cousin along with his friends were excited for our trip. Unfortunately one of his friends had missed his trip going to Cebu, while the other two guys were still at work in Cagayan. I was still on the go- as usual; my cousin asked me if it won’t bother if it's only the two of us -certainly not. It's Palawan for crying out loud and I’m already expecting this trip and nothing can stop me. 


Palawan is an island province of the Philippines. It's capital is Puerto Princesa City, "The City In A Forest" and it is the largest province in the country in terms of total area of jurisdiction. We arrived at Puerto Princesa, and we we're clueless: with no place to stay, no exact idea what places to go to- well, except for the Underground River which is famous for being chosen as a candidate for the 7 wonders of the world. 

Great thing is when you arrived at the airport you are welcomed with travel agents, you can choose from table to table. Everything is laid out in a silver platter, hotel rates and travel packages. We got to stay in there for 3 days and 2 nights, and yes they have a certain package tour for those dates- perfectly planned out. We took their 3,300php package that includes airport transfer to hotel vice-versa, hotel accommodation with breakfast, City tour, Underground River with Lunch Buffet. What a great deal- you have to take this kind of packages if you want your money back's worth. 


We we're given a few hours to fix our things and have our Lunch, along the way we found a small booth that sells my-oh-my street foods- perfect appetizer. TinaE -tee-na-eh (chicken's small intestine) and Botsi (chicken's large intestine ). Just my thing to start up my day in the island of Palawan.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not copy Blog photos and texts without further permission and proper attribution. Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.