Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sumilon Island Kayaking, Cebu Philippines




Sumilon Island, Oslob, Cebu, 6025


How to get there

Cebu Terminal: South bus terminal 
Cebu-Oslob Ceres bus fare:130 php plus (air-conditioned)
Travel time: more or less 4 hours 

Sumilon Bluewater Resort Day Tour Package - 1500 php

(inclusive boat transfer)



Bluewater Sumilon Island Resort is located on the pristine white sand of Sumilon Island. It is 125 kilometers away from Cebu City and in close proximity to Dumaguete.

Kayaking was also part of our tour package; they have a lagoon surrounded by tall mangroves and that's where I felt like I was in Africa. I was like sailing through the amazon river and there goes my wild imagination again! The water was muddy like in color and you might want to expect a crocodile hiding along those branches. It makes you want to keep going until you see something you don’t want to see. I was like craving for trouble. A Natural Lagoon with high and captivating mangroves. 



It was pretty scary when we got to the end of the lagoon, the mangroves were bigger and more of them lurking around forming like a great green monster. You never know what's waiting for you under those green, muddy-like water splashing as you make your way. Thanks to my cousin who took a picture of us because I was really loving it, I was just having a blast kayaking. A great way to stretched those upper body muscles, felt it tear apart and had myself a good laughed. When we finally stopped and rest around the benches thats when I felt who body sore all over, i just laughed it out again.

2 comments:

  1. Wooahh. That was a great adventure! I tried to kayak in the Philippines, and it is really fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachel,

      That is so true! Kayaking is exhilaratingly fun and I would love to do it again.

      Thanks for checking out my post. Try to visit Sumilon Island when you're in Philippines.

      Cheers!

      Delete

Please do not copy Blog photos and texts without further permission and proper attribution. Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.