Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bantayan Island Gawad Kalinga Village

Gawad Kalinga Bayani Challenge 

 new and wonderful experience for me and I hoped everyone will be given a chance to join this kind of activities and is willing to do work for other people

We stayed at a Private Resort  just beside Sugar Beach Resort, the Villacastin Resort. Every time I woke up in the morning, I saw this clothes hanging around the resort and even in the cottages, and I wondered why I didn't felt irritated with the mess, instead I loved how their clothes are placed there.

We woke up early in the morning to get ready for our assigned task. I sat around the beach shore and eventually my two friends joined me, then a man approached us with a pail of honey on one hand. They said in order to really know if the honey is real or well-made I guess, it would light up with a lighter, and it did. We were like having a magic show and that was a great start for my day.Going around the riding an Elf is a new experience for me, being inside the truck makes it more interesting to go around the island.

Hang on tight coz' we're going for a ride! 

Gawad Kalinga Bayani Challenge 

While we were enjoying our ride, the staff were talking about getting the paints at  the  Bantayan Island GK Village. This is where the Home Building teams were assigned - this is what I wanted to do supposedly. They had a signage placed in front before you'd reach the village.

We had to carry some paints from the village to our elf, hand in hand the paints were loaded and unloaded with every one's help. The Madridejos Elementary School was next on the list, and the faculties were really kind to provide us with snacks during our break.


It was almost late in the afternoon and from afar you can really see how the school is changing, it looks very cheerful and the colors were eye candy, I'm sure the kids will love it. A few teachers were even helping to paint their designated rooms. I had a contact with one of them and she asked me about myself and what Gawad Kalinga is really all about. I was stunned, I really don't now that much about Gk. I just said yes when my friend invited me through facebook and that's it. I just know that they do incredible works with their outreach programs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not copy Blog photos and texts without further permission and proper attribution. Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.