Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Snorkeling in Malapascua Island Cebu, Philippines

Snorkeling in Malapascua Island

An Island hopping worth 200 php was slashed down to 100 php due to our friendly smiles, with snorkeling apparatus. 

The island was first known as Bounty Beach including Gato Island, Monad Shoal, and Kemod Shoal. Monad Shoal is an underwater plateau where thresher sharksand manta rays can be sighted on a regular basis.

Our first stop was the Shipwreck, a World War II ship that sank a long time ago. It looked really creepy underwater. The Coral garden was next in the list, it was like looking at a very wide screen television with 3D effects but this time it was clear and real. 

How to get there: Cebu City-Malapascua Island

Terminal: North bus Terminal 
Ceres Bus bound for Maya via Bagay route
Non-air conditioned : 163 php
Travel time: 2-3 hours. 
Maya Port Boat fare: 80 php. If low tide the boat will not be able to dock along the seashore, you'll have to ride a small boat that will take you to the bigger boat. Transfer fare to a bigger boat fare: 20 php. 


We stayed for a long at the Coral Garden, a lot of us were amazed with it's beauty and serenity. However, I have to admit I was really scared I didn't brought with me a life jacket, my cousin is good swimmer and he pulled me to a more beautiful part of the garden.I was breathing hard, blinking rapidly and I kept that all to myself. We were so far from the boat and I panicked, still I kept that inside me. My goggles was already filling up with water and I need to breath above. I remove everything in my face, good thing my brother followed us and I grabbed hold the tip of his life jacket. He paddled hard going to the boat, and I secretly thanked him for being there for me, even if I didn't ask for his help.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not copy Blog photos and texts without further permission and proper attribution. Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.