Search This Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

How to get there: Malapascua Island Cebu, Philippines

Malapascua Island

The island is located in the Visayan Sea and the northernmost tip of Cebu Island. 

I woke up as early as 1:45 am just to make it on time - excited? We planned to take the first trip going to the port area. However, my cousin left are food for the trip, he has to go back and get it. I forced my self to wake up for nothing, my 3 alarms set at 2 minutes interval loss it's meaning, at least we all came to the terminal safe. It was necessary to take a taxi cab due to security reasons. I just can't wait to be in Malapascua Island, it is considered as the mini Boracay here in Cebu, Philippines.



How to get there: Cebu City-Malapascua Island

At the North bus Terminal we took the Ceres Bus bound for Maya via Bagay route. Non-air conditioned : 163 php.Travel time: 2-3 hours. 

There was no air conditioned bus available, good thing it was still dawn, i can still feel the fresh scent of the city. After some chitchats with my cousin, I noticed she was already dozing off to sleep. I decided to do the same, i removed my jacket from my bag and did my usual thing. I always do this during my travels, I would simply cover myself with the hood of my jacket, but the other way around the normal, I use the back of the jacket. I guess it serves as my comfort blanket, it always rock me to sleep. When I usually do this during trips some kids love to watch me because I'm sort of playing the ghost game.

After a bumpy ride we arrived at the Maya port area safe and sound. My rock a bye baby literal lullaby really put me to sleep. I was totally energized and ready to face the current going to Malapascua Island. It was the first boat trip going to the island and we stayed longer than expected. We sailed fully loaded, some were even complaining but that didn't stop them from filling all the seats and corners of the boat with passengers. Boat fare: 80 php. If low tide the boat will not be able to dock along the seashore, you'll have to ride a small boat that will take you to the bigger boat. Transfer fare to a bigger boat fare: 20 php. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not copy Blog photos and texts without further permission and proper attribution. Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.