Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Northern End of Malapascua Island Cebu, Philippines



Northern End of the Island

I found a nylon-made-hammock and positioned my self where I can take a picture of the place with ease. Swing, swing, swing. I was about to close my eyes when I saw something flying around. I thought it was a bird but it was big with white, pink and purple colors clinging to it's body, I said 'hey! that's not a bird.

I looked up again and I saw a kite. Someone was trying to fly a kite and he was doing great. It must be hard to control that kind of kite especially that the wind in the island is strong. I was enjoying myself as he maneuvers the kite from different directions, I bet the muscles in his arms are tearing apart but that's a good thing, when the muscles heals itself it creates another layer of stronger one's.


How to get there: Cebu City-Malapascua Island

Terminal: North bus Terminal 
Ceres Bus bound for Maya via Bagay route
Non-air conditioned : 163 php
Travel time: 2-3 hours. 
Maya Port Boat fare: 80 php. If low tide the boat will not be able to dock along the seashore, you'll have to ride a small boat that will take you to the bigger boat. Transfer fare to a bigger boat fare: 20 php.

Island hopping worth 200 php was slashed down to 100 php due to our friendly smiles, with snorkeling apparatus. 




I was first admiring what I saw in front of me when we arrived what I didn't realize there's more to discover. As I was enjoying my swing I saw boats at my back and children playing around with the water. We were just wearing slippers and we hop to every stone we can step on to have our pictures taken, the rocks looked very beautiful and we can't help it but do a lot of different survivor pose.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not copy Blog photos and texts without further permission and proper attribution. Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.