Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Archery and Air Rifle Shooting Bintan, Indonesia

Legolas Here I Come!
How to get there: SIngapore to Bintan, Indonesia

From Singapore's Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal we took the Bintan Ferries Resort and traveled the sea for 1 hour and 45 mins. to the Bintan Island. It is a must to be there 1 hour and a half before the departure time to avoid the same incident like ours. We will be just staying for sure inside the resort but in case we need cash it's better to prepared, good thing inside the ferry there's a money changer. 1 SGD=7,885.54 IDR (Indonesian Rupiah)

I've always been fascinated with Legolas, one of the characters in the Lord of the Rings. He was an archer that seemed to dance gracefully. I was way over the air rifle so might as well try something else. Archery was our activity next in line. It's about time for Legolas to find his mate. It looked quite easy but when it was my turn and I extended my chicken wings to aim for my shot it was really hard. A challenging task that concentrates more on your arm strength.




It reminded me of my childhood days when we used to play with slingshots to shoot at birds, actually I do most of the cheering while my brothers do the killing. What a barbaric reminder that I have this silent killer inside me, good thing I was feed with sands,beaches and colorful stones as I grew up.


Next..

First time Air Rifle Shooting

Search and Destroy, It's what I've always heard from war movies. We got the chance to do air rifle which is a good thing because it's part of our package. I've learned to aim and find the target, unfortunately I never got the chance to bring down even one of those little pieces. It's kind of intimidating knowing others have done better. There goes me being competitive mode again.


To ease up my temper my rationalization stated: I don't have steady hands due to my working conditions, back when I was still working in the hospital it's a plus points to have steady hands especially when injecting medicines, or simply because I'm was starving. I wasn't able to have breakfast and our lunch was just bread with century tuna. I guessed it's obvious we're in a tight budget. Learning the art of starving for a great adventure.


Nirwana Gardens Resort is located at Jalan Panglima Pantar, Lagoi 29155, Bintan Resorts, Indonesia. Travel Package was brought at deal.com.sg .  However they have different offers each time you visit their site, just keep posted for your dream travel destination and book right away before the offer runs out. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not copy Blog photos and texts without further permission and proper attribution. Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.