Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

Damnoen Saduak Residence , Bangkok Thailand


The other side of Damnoen Saduak Floating Market


After we had our Damnoen Saduak Floating Market tour, an unexpected ride to another side of the river took my breath away. We headed to a place where the river takes us to the residential areas. There we were no vendors in this part of the river. This route was more relaxing compared to the first boat ride we had in the public market. The simple lifestyle the people face day to day in this area made the place more captivating.


I was seated near the paddler and the water was sprinkling everywhere, in spite of water lilies beauty to conceal what's below I'm not confident the water is clean. I guess he thought I was having fun and didn't mind being showered. I did not complain yet except the part where my camera was almost drenched. I thought I was going to be mad yet I was not feeling a slight worry at all, what I did was laughed and the scared paddler joined me too. Hence, he started talking to me in simple English and he pointed out interesting things for me to see. In return I translated it to English for the other passengers to see what I'm looking at. 




Sometimes we pats me hard in the shoulder to catch my attention, for I was busy taking some shots. It was irritating so I decided to drop my camera in my lap and let the boat man show me the wonders of the river. We saw birds fly and hop around the sides , wooden houses and children waved at us as we passed by. 

I thought it was still part of the tour and then we were invited to see a cobra show or have lunch in the restaurant. The boat ride was suppose to be for the people who have threw activities in one package. We only took one activity so it only means we had a free boat ride - not bad! I've always thought that the river was just for a market place , now I know that it's more than that and significantly the best way to see Thailand.
I just found Bumblebee's long lost grandfather and I'm still wondering how it got there. It felt like anytime it would transform to some kind of gigantic robot to back-up the transformers when they're in need, unfortunately, it stayed that way until I've lost my sight on it.


Check out: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, Bangkok Thailand





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not copy Blog photos and texts without further permission and proper attribution. Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.