Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Green Bali, Kintamani Indonesia



Where to stay in Kintamani
The Green Bali Guesthouse

Pick up from Airport : 300 000 IDR/ $25 /32 SGD

The Green Bali Guesthouse is located in Sekardadi Village district of Kintamani Bali. 

Check in The Green Bali Guesthouse, Kintamani for 3 days and 2 nights. http://www.thegreenbali.com/)
( 3 Days 2 Nights ) $45.00 for one room/night



The Green Bali Guesthouse is in the district of Kintamani Bali. All this time I thought the whole island of Bali has the same weather condition. I was wrong. Kintamani is considered to have the coldest temperature in Bali. My bag was packed with thin and barely there clothing so I knew sleepless nights are coming my way. Good thing I was well equipped for my sunrise trek so that got me through the nights in The Green Bali. I know the weather changes abruptly when you're on top of a mountain so I readily set aside a bonnet and a jacket.

The Green Bali Guesthouse late in the afternoon reminded me of the book entitled "The Secret Garden" a novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett. A passageway crafted with leaves and flowers opens to a small garden full of fruit bearing plants and root crops. The smell of rain forest was all over the place and that immediately puts a bigger smile on my ecstatic face. Mr. Maan was so kind that he picked one passion fruit from the tree using a big, tall bamboo to feed me. At the corner of the garden next to the guarded coffee plants was my beautiful guesthouse. It was like a fancy cottage in the middle of the woods. 


I settled my things inside the guesthouse and after a few minutes I heard a knock from the door, where I was greeted with warm Ginger Tea and Banana Fritters made especially by Mr. Pineh's wife, Mrs. Ang. A sweet gesture of welcoming their guest marks a great sign for my first day in Bali. While I was enjoying my special treat Mr. Pineh knocked on my door and humbly welcomed me to his place. He reminded me of my sunrise trek and even joked to wake me up in the morning with an ice bucket. They have warmly provided all my meals during my stay. 

I've booked my trek ahead of time with Pineh Travel tours. Mount Batur is Bali's active volcano with a height of approximately 1717 meters above sea level.

Mount Batur Sunrise Trek: $40 /400,000 IDR. Booked with Pineh Travel tours 
Email: booking@pinehbalitours.com

Itinerary for the Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking Tour :
02.00 Hotel pick-up, drive directly to starting point
03.00 Breakfast banana pancake with chocolate + tea or Bali Coffee.
04.00 From starting point about 2 hours to reach the peak of Mount Batur accompanied by licensed organization trekking guide.
05.00 Stop will be made for short break and drinking water.
06.15 Arrive at the peak of Mount Batur, while waiting the sunrise a packed breakfast will be served with a special volcanic steamed eggs.
07.00 Descend the path down to other crater, crater 2 & 3 and last crater erupted on the year of 2000.
09.00 Arrive back on the shore of Lake Batur, drive more further where a stop is made and get banana fritter, drink, pick fruits on the trees, enjoy fresh organic fruits at Pineh Colada Bali.
10.00 Drive back to the hotel/guesthouse.

The Kintamani Experiece will not be complete without trying out Bali's Specialty Coffee. Make sure to drop by in Pineh Colada Bali for a coffee break. They offer the best coffee and tea in town, organic and even taste way better than any products in the market. Try the Luwak Coffee " Bali's Specialty" ,Bali Coffee, Vanilla Coffee, Lemon Tea, Ginger Tea, Ginseng Coffee and the Coconut Coffee. I've never been a fan of posting my face along with my blog post,well except for this Bali trip. I can't help it. There were people who took good care of me and I want to see their faces as I make my draft narrating my wonderful experience. I want to thank Mr. and Mrs. Pineh's hospitality, they were kind and thoughtful to me. They didn't hesitate to open their arms for a stranger like me. Now I'm starting to miss their ginger tea pair it up with crunchy banana fritters

Check this out: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not copy Blog photos and texts without further permission and proper attribution. Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.