Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2015

Hong Kong Disneyland

Dreams Come True
Hong Kong Disneyland

Disneyland is a place where you can be who you want to be. Once you're inside the gate of this fantasy land you can wear anything you want and people will not judge you. You can wear the biggest mickey mouse ears and it will absolutely look normal. I've been dreaming of this place since I was young. The feeling of being able to go to this magical place still strikes me. I admit I'm still a child at heart, always will and forever will. I hope my husband doesn't mind. Ahahaa

When we had the chance to be in Hong Kong for a few days, we never hesitated to allot a whole day of fun in Disneyland. It was passed 9 in the morning  when we leave the hostel. Our tickets were bought ahead of time, a stress free vibe was established right away. 
How to get there: 
Take Tung Chung MTR line transfer to Sunny Bay Station, then onward to Disneyland Resort Line or take note for bus No. R11, R22, R33, R42, R33, R42 

Disneyland Entrance Fee: HKD 450/ $75 (In our hostel they sell it for HKD 420)
Hours: 10:00 to 20:00 (weekends); 10:30 to 20:00 (weekdays)

Budget for 2 persons: HKD 1,300/ $150/ S$190

Have your breakfast before heading to Disneyland, all the prices are way over the top inside the vicinity. The souvenir shops has reasonable prices, make sure to buy at least one keychain. My mum bought the signature disneyland logo figurine for her display cabinet. We managed to get on all the rides we loved in the park. 




Fantasyland:

Our first ride was inside The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, a cute place to see the whole gang: Tiger, Piglet, Eeyore, Rabbit,  Kanga and Roo, Owl and of course Christopher Robin. We buckled up in an oversized Hunny Pot as we explore Hundred Acre Wood as is it tells stories of Winnie the Pooh and his friends. A storybook ride filled with music, lively characters and the adventures of a happy go lucky yet wise bear of all time. I remembered how I find this TV series boring back then, however i would still watch it everyday. I grew fond of its simplicity and carefree vibe. Winnie the Pooh was a book created by A. A. Milne in 1926.

Just in front of the Winnie the Pooh attraction is Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride. A joyful ride on Dumbo's back as it flies up and down while slowly spinning on air. I don't exactly remembered Disney’s 1941 animated classic movie. I know that it tells about Dumbo a special elephant who was born with large ears. He embrace his uniqueness and eventually learned to fly and soar the sky.

Meet and greet Disney Characters in Fantasy Gardens and picture taking with Mickey Mouse and the Gang too.The park that time had a masquerade themed and all the characters were dressed handsomely in each gazebo. The characters present were the all-time classic Disney characters: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy and Pluto,i  think i saw Donald Duck drop by too. There are photographers willing to take your pictures,as for me I just hand-in my camera because I'm not planning to any snap photos .Print-out pictures of you and the gang can be purchased at the nearby kiosk. 

Mad Hatter Tea Cups is one of my favorites! It looked pretty lame because you'll be seated in an oversized teacup, everything is bigger in Disneyland and it's absolutely, ridiculously cool as ever. I like things bigger now. Well I thought it's was just going to be a smooth ride, I was wrong. The teacups will be spinning just like stirring a spoon or being inside a washing machine, plus the circus songs and the blinding lights will make you feel really dizzy. A wheel is placed in the middle of teacups so the more you turn it around, same goes for your ride. I was driving the wheel like crazy, my mum and I laughed like lunatics. 


We went for a 3d movie at Mickey’s PhilharMagic, the featured film was about Donald Duck transported in different Disney Movies. Memorable songs played like “Be Our Guest” from Beauty and the Beast, “I Just Can’t Wait To Be King” from The Lion King, “You Can Fly” from Peter Pan,“A Whole New World” from Aladdin and  “Part of Your World” from The Little Mermaid. The last two are my all-time favorite Disney Princess Movies. I've watched both this movies countless times, most especially The Little Mermaid. I've remembered when I was young I used to join those drawing contest, how I repeatedly drew Ariel sitting in a stone with splashes of waters at her side. I've always won , then one time I was advised to draw something different like the rainforest, that ended my journey to make it to the top. So for kids out there continue doing the same drawing that you like no matter what they say, change at your pace.


It's a Small World musical boat tour about world peace, different cultures and traditions from The North Pole, Europe, The Middle East, Africa,America, Asia and The Pacific Islands. The singing and dancing melt my heart as they sang songs of friendship, love, unity and hope. There are plenty of surprise appearances from Disney's and Pixar's characters during the  boat tour too. It makes you see the world through a child's eye, you will surely come out as different person after the ride. Check out: Disneyland's Railroad, Snow White Grotto, Cinderella's Carousel and Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Adventureland:

Afterwards went for the Raft to Tarzan's Treehouse , where it took us to small nearby island that has this gigantic treehouse known as Tarzan's Treehouse. I've always love Tarzan's Movie, it's about a boy who was brought up by a family of Bears and grew up as a protector of the jungle. The movie's soundtrack entitled "You'll be in my heart" by Phil Collins still stirs me up whenever I hear its melody. Make sure to watch the Festival of The Lion King  show time is around 12:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 4:30 PM and 6:00 PM. A spectacular showing featuring the cast from the movie The Lion King, specifically the lovebirds Simba and Nala together with the funniest best friends Timon and Pumba.


Check out the Jungle River Cruise and Liki Tiki's around Adventureland too. 


Other attractions: Grizzly Gulch, Main Street, U.S.A. , Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land.

We went to Main Street, U.S.A. to have our lunch and prepare for the 3 pm Disney Parade.

Food is not allowed inside. 


Pricey Lunch around HKD 450 / $75  however, the restaurant is a perfect spot to watch the Disney Parade.
My favorite part was the Fireworks Display, make sure to be seated in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle before 7pm. A lot of people are anticipating this night finale and you want to grab the best seat in front. Remember the iconic disney movie introduction with the castle lighted up with fireworks? this is that moment. The opening part of all those disney movies I've seen was brought to life on that very night. The castle lighted in different colors and splash of lights filled the sky. Disney songs movies filled the air giving a surreal feeling of nostalgia. Everyone didn't take their eyes off from the fireworks display, no babies cried and even the cameras stayed still as it captures the magical moment. It lasted for 30 minutes yet it didn't seemed that long, everyone wants to see more of it. However the fireworks display is subject to change due to weather condition, compared to the parade they have a short and wet parade alternative if it rains.
Late night dinner near Mong Kok Station. In Argyle Bazaar Mall we went to the basement hall and had our dinner in Cafe de Coral. 

3 comments:

Please do not copy Blog photos and texts without further permission and proper attribution. Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.