Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Ocean Park Hong Kong

Ocean Park


I've never intended to go to Ocean Park, then my roommate persuade me that it's one of Hong Kong's must see attractions. My mum mentioned how she'd love to see the dolphin show too , so we went and I'm actually glad we did. 
Address: Near Wong Chuk Hang in the Southern District on Hong Kong Island.


How to get there:
Take Admiralty MTR, go to the nearby Bus Interchange and take Bus 629 to Ocean Park.

Or according to my research: take note of bus No. 72, 72A, 92, 96, 592, 6A, 6X, 70, 75, 90, 97, 260, 38, 42, 77, 99, 171, 671, 107, 170. 

Admission: HKD 345 (Adult); HKD 175 (Children from 3-11 years old) subject to change
Opening Hours: 10:00 - 19:30
We bought ahead of time for our Ocean Park tickets when we went to Macau (Check it out: Macau Experience), just inside the Macau ferry terminal where it's more cheaper due to no taxes added. Ticket price: $260.  Ocean Park tickets (2 pax) HKD 520 / S$95 /$85

Two major attractions in the park: 

The Waterfront
Check out: Amazing Asian Animals, Aqua City, Waterfront Cable Car Station, Ocean Express Waterfront Station and Whiskers Harbour

The Summit
Check out: Summit Cable Car Station, Ocean Express Summit Station, Marine World,Polar Adventure

We took the Cable Car Station  to Thrill Mountain to watch the dolphin show and for the extreme rides.

First stop is in the Marine World - Ocean Theatre for the Dolphin Show.

Then we had our lunch after a series of mishaps in the circus-like carnival section. I wanted to get the watermelon stuffed toy and so I wasted HKD 50 to get it. Unfortunately, it was not a lucky time for me to play. Anyways food is not allowed inside the park unless your good in hiding things. Burger Meal Lunch: HKD 125 / S$20

The Summit has a lot to offer especially for the brave hearts and thrill seekers. My favorite ride of all time is The Flash. Spinning at 360 degrees with a top speed of 60 km/h plus with rotating seats. The flash was insanely a wild ride that literally takes your breath away. I saw my legs effortlessly dangle from side to side while my hair flew like I was in space. My mum joined the craze as our screams turn to laughter as the ride keep on spinning and turning. It was really that wild that I had to stop screaming to breath for a few seconds and shout again. This is quite different from the usual roller coaster , you don't see tracks or a person in front of you instead you see the sky, your feet, your hair, nothing and the awesome birds eye-view in spinning angles. 

Another wild ride is the Hair Raiser suspended high above the ground with a great view of the South China Sea. The Hair Raiser is a floorless, roller coaster ride that you don't want to miss when you're in Ocean Park. I also loved The Abyss Turbo Drop, a ride that takes you slowly up a tall tower,stops abruptly and with great force suddenly drops (without hitting the ground of course) leaving you happily breathless.

Try to make the most of your time and do the extreme rides first, then afterwards you can settle down and see the rest of the grounded attractions. We were in the park during the weekend, just try to imagine the crowd and I don't even want to talk about the queue for each rides. Patience and lots of enthusiasm is needed to avoid being irritable while waiting in line. If I had a choice, I would prefer to visit the park on a week day.
Going back to my Ocean Park experience , after we did most of the rides from Thrill Mountain we we went back to the main island by Ocean Express Summit Station and ended the trip at The Waterfront to see my favorite animal. The most adorable stuff toy like animal is in the Giant Panda Adventure at the Amazing Asian Animals section.

Ocean Park closes up early than I expected, by 7:30 in the evening we were out from the gates and went back to our hostel. Tired and famished by the end of our trip we decided to have our dinner at Delicious Kitchen just nearby our hostel around Tsim Sha Tsui MTR. 
Dinner: HKD125 / S$20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not copy Blog photos and texts without further permission and proper attribution. Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.